Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Public Toilet Etiquette



I really wonder how can a ladies toilet be so damn dirty.

Aren't ladies supposed to be cleaner than men?

I mean, we DO smell better.


For some strange reason, the ladies toilet in the company I work in... ... ... ... is SUPER DUPER DIRTY!!! I mean, how can lor? It's not even a toilet in a shopping centre where uneducated people may have gone in to mess it up. Everyone in this company is AT LEAST an O level graduate.... some are Diploma holders... and others are even Degree holders. Plus we're all working in a company as civilised adults.

For one, it STINKS. But I can blame that on poor ventilation (come on lah, I don't work in Fuji Xerox Tower where the toilets are air-conditioned, ok) since the building is like... older than me.

Secondly, around the sink, there's always water around the floor. What if someone slips and falls on her bum? You know how embarrassing it is to have a wet patch on your bum?!?!?!?!?!?!

Thirdly (and this is the thing that I can never ever figure out), HOW CAN THERE BE PEE ON THE TOILET SEAT COVER & ALL OVER THE FLOOR NEXT TO A SITTING TOILET BOWL?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?! Did a guy accidentally step into a ladies toilet and decide to pee standing up without lifting up the toilet seat?!?!?!?!?! And did his flow of pee split into 3 shooting streams instead of one?!?!?!?! Or did a lady colleague of mine have this secret fantasy of peeing standing up?????? FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!! IF YOU MUST PEE LIKE A MAN, THEN FOLLOW THE CODE OF TOILET LAW & LIFT THE DAMN TOILET SEAT UP!!! It's bad enough that I have to step into a puddle of yellow water everytime I have to do my business, but it's EXTRA UNCOOL to actually see SPLATTERS of pee around the toilet seat!!! URGH (x100000000000000)!!! And and and... ... what if I actually slip on that puddle of pee pee?!?!?! It's embarrassing enough to have a wet bum patch... ... ... ... but can you imagine if it is a SMELLY wet bum patch?!?!?!?!?!

Lastly, this applies to EVERYONE!!! If you do your poopie business, can you PLEASE have the decency to FLUSH the toilet every now and then????? Nobody wants to go in and gag on the stinky smell of rejected unprocessed food. You may like the smell of your own waste, but nobody else wants a whiff of it.