Friday, June 09, 2006

THE QUEST TO X-RAY VISION IS COMPLETE


Yupz!!! I'm not going blind due to the 666 curse... the operation went smoothly (as far as I'm concerned).

And it didn't even hurt as much as I had expected... ... so disappointing... ... ...

BUT anywayz... I will survive... my right eyeball will survive... *pats right eyeball*... looking pretty there, ball'ly...

I'm serious when I say that I'm going to turn into Bionic woman very soon... and now, I'm just getting my X-ray Vision. So you ppl out there better dun offend me... ... ... either that, or you better wear nice underwear.

Even for a superhero like me, I have to admit that I was nervous before the operation.


(GEEZ!!! I just know it's going to hurt... and I'm LOVING IT!!!)

I think everyone was more nervous than me. I was still taking it easy and laughing and joking in the hospital. I was SO EXCITED... until they make me change into this ugly, unflattering hospital gown... and this hair net thingy to pull back all the hair.

YUCK...


I would take a picture of it, but everything happened so quickly.

Right after I changed into the hospital outfit, the nurse led me into the operating theatre... put me on the bed with wheels (and it actually felt comfortable)... and then she wheeled me into this waiting room.

An indian nurse then came in... and said that she's going to give me an injection to RELAX my body... then I felt a little prick on the back of my hand.

I was actually wondering, "who the hell gives injections on that area???"

Then when she walked away, I lifted up my hand and...

Alright... so it wasn't an injection... ... she actually LEFT a needle inside. You know... one of those needles that they leave in your hand... so that they can connect a bag of glucose or blood thru tubes or something?

... oh well... that didn't hurt as much as my piercings.

Then, I was left lying there... ALONE... for like 10mins... and I could actually feel my body RELAXING (hey, the drugs DO work)... or maybe I was feeling dizzy from all the hospital-medicine-antiseptic smell.

After a while, my doctor cum surgeon came in. And I'm not kidding when I say that Dr JT is good-looking... and sexy... and sauve.

You know, we watched tv series like, ER... and Grey's Anatomy... and Scrubs. They feature doctors in that green operation gown, with the low-cut V-neck. Well... Dr JT definately makes that gown look good. DAMN.

... and he has these deep, soothing voice... so gentle and comforting.

Anywayz, Dr JT took out this other injection needle... and it looks like a VERY LOOOOOONG needle.

I think I said something like, "oh that's going to hurt"

And he was like, "dun worry... it will sting only a little"

Then... he jabs it into my lower eyelid.

... ... ...

Yeowch?!

And the indian nurse was like, "don't look down don't look down... look up... here look at my finger"

I really tried to look up... but I was thinking to myself... "... can't... look... up... eyes... closing.... looking.... down..."

I don't think it lasted for more than 15secs... and it didn't hurt as bad as I had expected. So, I really dunno if it's the drugs that works or my adrenaline that helped to block out the pain.

Then they covered my face with this plastic sheet... and moved this bright light over my right eye. They adjusted it... and suddenly, I can't see anything but this white light... and soon, it turned red (obviously it's blood, right). But I can't feel anything... and I think I actually relaxed and dozed off a little (hopefully I didn't snore or talk in my dream)... and suddenly, I hear Dr JT talking softly... and he's asking for a faucet... then a scissors... then glue... then faucet again... and some other stuff.

Soon, he asked for something to wash the eye out. I think it was saline or something... but wooooo, it's cooling and it tingles. Then from the red light, it turned white again.

And it was over... YIPPEE!

... ah ah ah ah staying alive staying alive...


The nurse wheeled me to this other recovery room.

... but Dr JT.... nooooooooooo.... dun leave meeeee...

Fed me peanut porridge and milo.

And I felt really hyper for some reason... and excited... and numb at the same time.

Anywayz... here are some pictures I managed to take of my new Frankenstein eye.

By the way... lookie what the nursie gave me!!!

(woooooooo... I wonder what's inside...)



(... a bunch of cotton balls... saline solution and eyedrops. How... err... sweet...? Why aren't there any candies? I think I deserve some candies.)


Home from operation...

(... a bandage replacing the needle... let's see what it looks like inside!)



(... SWEET!!... )




(And here we have... THE BIRTH OF A PIRATE!!! Now let's see what it looks like inside.... OH I CAN'T WAIT!)




(call me... Pirate Cock-Eye Lau...)


Day 2 of surgery...



(I know my eyes look like they're on drugs... hahaa... I had a HARD time getting them to open, ok?! And the surrounding of my operated eye is a little BLUE-BLACK... looks like I was punched. Cool.)





(... a closer look... ewwww... you can actually see this circle of SOMETHING...)


Day 3 of surgery...

(most of the redness has gone down... but somehow, it looks more gross)




Day 5 of surgery...

(eh... is it me... or is it getting worse??... *shrugs*... oh well...)



Well... ever since the bandage came off, the vision in my right eye hasn't returned to normal (due to trauma from the operation). Now, I'm seeing things like...

(everything's a blur... and I'm constantly getting a headache in the right side of my head)


But all is well... and the eye still looks gross. But let's see if it will return to normal in a week's time... and by then, my X-ray Vision will be complete and ready to abuse... MWAHAHAHAHA...